Simple, Safe & Effective
COBOL to Java / C#
Telon COBOL to Java / C#
There are many CASE Tools in the legacy world. Amongst them, TELON has one of the best "COBOL" code generators. The generated COBOL code is readily legible, understandable and a good starting point for legacy translations
However, like all code-generated COBOL code, the COBOL code generated from Telon has certain duplications in code and certain "patterns" of operation. A good translation of such code should take these duplications and patterns into account, and following features available in SoftwareMiningh's Converter would help to further improve maintenance of the applications
- removal of unused COBOL Data Structure from each program
- normalization and reuse of COBOL structures
- automatic extraction of "Business-Objects" from PROCEDURE DIVISION code
CA-TELON COBOL to Java/C# Migration Project Phases
The Migration of COBOL applications to Java or C# involves:
- Asset Management: Identify all the artefacts required for translation .
- Translate to target language
- Database and Data Migration
- Migrate JCL
- Create and Populate of Test Database
- System acceptance testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- (Optional): Other Improvements: Screen Redesign, SOA Integration, Cloud Deployments, Coding Improvements and clean up
Comparing COBOL to translated code
Comparison of Converted code: COBOL to Java
Comparison of Converted code: COBOL to C#
COBOL to Java / C# Conversion Tool - Download Trial (Release 2017-03-09)
Related White Papers
CA TELON Migration, Modernization and Re-hosting References
SoftwareMining on Wikipedia
© 2017, SoftwareMining Technologies. All Rights Reserved.
"SoftwareMining Technologies" is a trademark of Software Modernization Technologies Ltd (UK).
Software Modernization Technologies Ltd. Registered in England company no: 7300248. Reg Offices: 8b Accommodation Road, London NW11 8ED, United Kingdom.